Homeowner Soil Sampling
Soil pH Analysis
- Cost: Free (done on-site)
- Place 2 cups of soil in a zip-lock baggie.
- Label baggie with NAME, PHONE NUMBER, & CROP TO BE GROWN.
Complete Soil Analysis
- Sample bags available from Extension Office.
- Analysis includes: pH, buffer pH, P, K, Mg, Ca, & Organic Matter.
- Cost: $10
- Place 2 cups of soil in the plastic baggie provided.
- Secure with elastic band.
- Place in cloth bag and secure with drawstring.
- Complete provided questionnaire and place in envelope.
- Return sample to Extension Office or mail yourself.
- For each bed or area, take samples from several places, mix together.
- Take samples from a depth of 6 to 12 inches.
- Take 2 cups of the mixture and place in sampling baggie.
Additional soil tests can be done at additional charges.
Please call the Salem County Extension Office (856-769-0090) for more information.